Wednesday, April 25, 2007

McCain Makes Campaign Official

"We face formidable challenges, but I'm not afraid of them. I'm prepared for them," Sen. John McCain said today when he officially launched his second bid for the Republican presidential nomination.

McCain, 70, also addressed the issue of his age: "I'm not the youngest candidate. But I am the most experienced. I know how to fight and how to make peace. I know who I am and what I want to do."

"I'm not running for president to be somebody, but to do something; to do the hard but necessary things not the easy and needless things. I'm not running to leave our biggest problems to an unluckier generation of leaders, but to fix them now, and fix them well," said McCain.

No comments:

Visitors Since 9:16 PM EST. 12/11/2006: free web counter free web counter