Jerry Corsi, co-author of the New York Times best seller Unfit for Command and columnist for the conservative web site World Net Daily, has been mentioned as a possible candidate for the Constitution Party's next Presidential nominee. Mr. Corsi answered these questions for The Conservative President 2008.
1. Where do you believe the Republican Party is headed?
If the Republican Party continues to ignore its conservative base, then the Party is headed to oblivion.
2. Do you think that you could support any of the potential 2008 Republican nominees for President?
None of the ones I have seen so far. Unfortunately, even Sam Brownback lost my support when the supported the “guest worker” amnesty plan contained in S.2611 co-sponsored by Kennedy and McCain.
3. Do you think that the Republican Party will ever be what you would call a conservative party?
I have given up thinking we can reform the Republican Party. The Rockefeller Republicans are fully in control and it is getting hard to tell the difference between most Republicans today and the more conservative Democrats.
4. If a candidate were to arise that was right on every issue but is pro-choice, is that a good enough reason not to vote for that candidate?
No way. I have no intention to support any Republican candidate who is pro-choice, period.
5. Will you run for President in 2008?
Howard Phillips of the Constitution Party asked me to consider seriously running for president in 2008 and I am doing so.