Friday, January 12, 2007

Romney on 1994 Kennedy Debate

Mitt Romney went on to a radio program recently to talk about his 1994 debate against Senator Teddy Kennedy.

"Of course, I was wrong on some issues back then. I'm not embarrassed to admit that. I think most of us learn with experience. I know I certainly have.

"If you want to know where I stand by the way, you don't just have to listen to my words, you can go to look at my record as governor. Frankly, in the bluest of states. Facing the most liberal media in the country. I've led the fight to preserve traditional marriage. I've taken every legal step I could conceive of, to prevent same sex marriage.

"I have also taken action to protect the sanctity of life. I vetoed bills that authorized embryo farming, therapeutic cloning, Plan B emergency contraception, and of course a redefinition of when life was going to begin as well.

"I've also fought for family. I've promoted abstinence education in the schools," Romney said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe, GOP candidate John Cox would protect babies regardless of how they were conceived, because he is a product of rape himself.

http://www.theonlyrealconservative.org

Visitors Since 9:16 PM EST. 12/11/2006: free web counter free web counter