Friday, September 21, 2007

Dobson Opposes Thompson

Fred Thompson has been added to James Dobson's list of Republicans that he doesn't support. In an email to friends that the Associated Press obtained Dobson says: "Not for me, my brothers. Not for me!" referring to the former Tennessee Senator.

Dobson, who is the founder of Focus on the Family, went on to say: "Isn't Thompson the candidate who is opposed to a Constitutional amendment to protect marriage, believes there should be 50 different definitions of marriage in the U.S., favors McCain-Feingold, won't talk at all about what he believes, and can't speak his way out of a paper bag on the campaign trail?"

In responding to the email Sen. Thompson said: "If in fact this e-mail ... reflects his views, so be it. I have a lot of friends who I think are friends of his who have a high regard for me, and I'm very proud of that."

No comments:

Visitors Since 9:16 PM EST. 12/11/2006: free web counter free web counter